Epic is a digital reading platform for children below the age of 12. With thousands of books, audiobooks and learning videos, the app promotes creativity and reading habits in children. The app is built on a collection of 40,000+ popular, age appropriate and high-quality books from publishers across the world.
Features on the app
1. Peronalised daily reading - With this app, children can get daily, age and level appropriate recommendations, customised to their interests.
2. Progress tracking - Teachers and parents can track and see which books the children like reading and the time they have spent in doing so.
3. Epic originals - Original stories which have been created with fun characters and interesting storyline to encourage children to love and enjoy reading.
4. The app offers 24x7 online access as well as offline access, to read on-the-go.
5. The app provides rewards and badges to children to keep them
motivated to read.
6. It also offers a huge variety of titles from leading publishers like Scholastic, National Geographic, HarperCollins and more.
Epic for educators and teachers
The Epic school app, for elementary school educators, is free. With access to many high-quality, educational children's books, including Read-To-Me books, audiobooks and non-fiction, educators can use this to encourage children to read and develop an interest in reading. Educators can create student profiles and assign books based on their interests and reading level. The educators can also track in-class and home reading.
Apart form the reading platform, Epic has created lots of resources to help. educators. It includes video tutorials, fun activities to celebrate reading in class and, downloadables and printables.
This article originally appeared in the TeacherTribe Magazine August 2021 edition.